Skip to main navigation.

Energy Assistance

Energy assistance provides home heating assistance, crisis prevention, energy-related repairs, energy conservation, emergency assistance and referrals to other programs and services.

The energy assistance providers available to People's Energy Cooperative members are:


SEMCAC - (800) 944-3281

SEMCAC serves the counties of Dodge, Freeborn, Fillmore, Houston, Mower, Steele and Winona


Three Rivers Community Action, Inc. - (800) 277-8418

Three Rivers Community Action, Inc. serves Olmsted and Wabasha County.

Zumbrota - 507-732-7391 


Rochester Salvation Army - (507) 288-3663


Contact the energy assistance office in your county to make an appointment. You will need documentation of your income and a copy of your heating and electric bill.

The Minnesota Department of Commerce has a website with information and resources to help Minnesota families get through our cold winters. Please visit their website for more information.


Active Military Personnel

Minnesota law protects military personnel from shut-off if they cannot pay their utility bill and certain conditions are met.

If you have any questions about the "Military Personnel Disconnection Law" or energy assistance programs, contact Member Services at 507-367-7000 or 800-214-2694 anytime between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday - Friday.


Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo